Who is eligible for PPG funding?
Why is it important to claim Free School Meals?
The qualifying benefits to receive free school meals are:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and your annual gross income does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (during the initial roll-out of this benefit)
From September 2014, every child in Reception class, Year 1 and Year 2 in our school will receive a free school meal. You will not have to receive a qualifying benefit for your child to get a free school meal, but if you are getting a qualifying benefit, please tell us - your child will benefit from extra funding from the Government.
If you think you may qualify call the Central Bedfordshire Helpline: 0300 300 8306